Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Ever had one of those days where you feel like the world is against you and you really just want to go back to bed with some brownies and a bowl of ice cream and watch re-runs of Alias?

Yep, I'm having one of those kinda days.


But since the aforementioned is actually not an option for me, I figured I needed to get back into writing my Thankful Thursday lists.
My kids are journaling this year and every Thursday in their journals I have them write out a list of things they are thankful for. It really kind of puts things back into perspective.

So here is my list.
1. Thankful for friends who love and accept me for who I am. The good, the bad and the ugly.
2. Thankful for the rain (because we are in water restrictions and our day to water is another 7 days away).
3. Thankful a hardworking husband.
4. Thankful for kids who have a love of learning and get along well (most of the time).
5. Thankful that the 2 year old has been sleeping all the night through.
6. Thankful that we seem to finally have everyone well from strep.
7. Thankful for family, wish we could see them more.
8. Thankful for my flowers. My daffodils are blooming right now and they always put a smile on my face and a song in my heart. God didn't have to make beautiful flower and yet He did and he made them in an abundace of varieties and I love it that He cared enough to do that.
9. Thankful for the new trick I learned to get more volume out of your ipod or iphone when you are playing music on it. Put it in a bowl. I'm serious. Go try it now. Sometimes it's just the little things. :)
10. Thankful for the Pandora app. Love it. Listening to 'Chris Tomlin' radio really brightens the day with praise music to Him.

We read something thought provoking the other day that said, "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things that you thanked God for today". We are blessed with so much and in so many ways that we really should spend more time than we do just thanking Him for all His provisions.
Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. It does my heart good to see this! :-) I've missed ya. Thankful for YOU, Friend. Seeing your name on the caller ID (or text - ha!) brings a smile every time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please respect our privacy by not using our real names in your comment. This is a public blog. Thank you!